In preparation for commemorating the 106th anniversary of the Triangle shirt waist fire, FF will learn how to make a shirtwaist blouse from a oversized men’s shirt.
Friday Feb. 17, 6:30-9:30 PM hosted by Thank You For Coming and LA Faux Frau’s, 3416 Glendale Blvd, LA CA
Please join us via skype.
Triangle Shirtwaist Hack: from men’s shirt to commemorative triangle shirt waist blouse.
MARK- CUT- PLEAT – SEW
- put shirt on you or a dress form.
- Mark the cap of your shoulder, 2” below waist, hem and sleeve length.
- Remove collar from rise.
- Sew up rise.
- Remove sleeve
- Open shoulder 2” past shoulder cap mark
- Pleat front into back shoulder to mark
- Sew up shoulder. Now there should be two small pleats in the shoulder
- If needed take in side seam.
- cut hem
- turn and roll hem
- Cut a casing from hem scraps or other fabric 1 1/2″
- Sew the casing with top stitching at waist mark, all the way around, so casing opening match up at buttons. The side with buttons gets set back about 1″ so the ties match up.
- cut and sew a tie from remaining scraps
- Using a safety put tie through casing
- Put the sleeves back on, they should fit nicely, adjust as needed.Triangle Blouse is finished.
From the LA Training: Faux Frau Lauren Models the shirtwaist she made, with Modern Modifications, and modeling the sample.
Long Beach Faux Frau Lauren and Future FF Chantel joined the training from Long Beach via Skype